Students can learn to surf or improve on their surfing skills. Our surf lessons are organised by Surf South West, a Gold Award Winning Surf School in Croyde,
Surf South West caters to all ages and abilities. They have been teaching surf lessons in Croyde for over 22 years and provide experiences to remember! With qualified and experienced surfing instructors and beach lifeguards.
Enjoy surfing at some of the best beaches in Britain with qualified and experienced surfing instructors.
Students can learn to surf or improve on their surfing skills. Our surf lessons are taking place with a premier surfing centre in the UK
Surf South West is proud to be holders of ‘Centre of Excellence’ status by Surfing England, the sport’s governing body. This is the highest level attainable and is awarded in recognition that Surf South West has the highest standards of coaching. Surf South West has also been awarded Surf School of the Year by the UK Pro Surf Association. They are also holders of the Green Tourism Gold Award for our commitment to sustainability and the environment.
- Follow the British Surfing Association Junior Athletes award scheme using qualified and experienced surfing instructors and beach lifeguards.
- Learn to surf or improve their skills at the nearby Croyde beach.
- Learn and develop techniques for paddling, reading and catching waves, standing up and controlling the board.
- Improve confidence in the water and learn specialist surfing vocabulary.
The surfing programme includes one full day excursion and at least three evening activities taken from the Discovering Devon Programme.
- Age: 10 to 17 years old
- Activity Sessions: 9 hours per week in 3 sessions
- Group size: 8 students per instructor
- Lessons: 15 hours of English per week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From A2 to C1
- Included in fees: Neoprene suit (minimum two weeks booking)
- Dates: Available all year
A Typical Week
A typical week’s programme for the Surfing Programme with 15 hours of lessons per week might be as follows:
|09:00 - 12:30||Surfing||English Classes||English Classes||Day Trip to |
Cathedral City of
|13:30 - 17:00||English Classes||English Classes||Surfing||English Classes|
|19.30-21.30||Evening Activity (Barbacue or Sports tournaments)||Stay at home and practice your English||Evening Activity (Karaoke or Tanlent show)||Evening Activity (Disco)||Stay at home and practice your English|
Please Note: For this programme to run successfully, we need a minimum of 3 students participating. We will notify you at least 4 weeks in advance if the programme is to be cancelled. In these circumstances a second option of programme will be offered in its place and adjustments will be made to the final invoice if there is a difference in cost.