This exciting new programme with Andrew Blake of Bay Fitness will include fitness, vinyasa flow yoga, and seminars/lectures on sport science, nutrition and health. It will be open to all levels with progressive and easier options depending on fitness and level.
- Fitness and personal training sessions covering all fitness components: strength, mobility, core, speed, agility, cardiovascular endurance.
- Yoga sessions for the body and the mind with breathing, asana and meditation. Learn the techniques that Andrew uses with athletes he trains including professional surfers and Olympians.
- Lectures including theory on the practical sessions and covering nutrition, training principles, health and psychology.
Andrew is a personal trainer, vinyasa flow yoga teacher, Physical therapist and Sport Science lecturer. He runs Bay Fitness and Fitness retreats in France and Portugal. He has worked with a variety of athletes including professional surfers, Big wave surfers and olympians.
A Typical Week
A typical week’s Sports Science Programme with 15 hours of English lessons per week might be as follows:-
|Saturday||Arrivals & Transfer||Meet and get to know your host family
|Sunday||Induction Meeting for new students||Unpack & settle with family||Stay at home and practise English with family
|Monday||English test & orientation||Nutrition and Breathing exercises||Stay at home and practise English with family
|Tuesday||Daytrip to Exmoor National Park, Lynton and Lynmouth||Boat Trip around North Devon (optional)
|Wednesday||English Classes||Fitness session outside the classroom||Karaoke night
|Thursday||English Classes||English Classes||Disco|
|Friday||English Classes||Yoga and meditation||Barbecue & Tennis
- Age: 15 to 17 years old
- Activity sessions: 7.5 hours per week in 3 sessions
- Group size: 6 students per instructor
- Lessons: 15 hours of English per week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From B1 to C1