We work with a British Horse Society accredited centre: Mullacott Equestrian Centre – which offers friendly instructors whether you want to learn to ride, jump or have a go on the cross-country course there will be an instructor to suit.
Saddle up to practise and improve a wide range of riding skills at the Mullacott equestrian centre in Devon.
The Horse Riding programme can be combined with 15 or 18 hours of lessons per week.
- Have the opportunity to practise and improve a wide range of equestrian skills.
- Learn specific riding vocabulary.
- Enjoy qualified instruction with top competition horses and ponies at both indoor and outdoor arenas.
Students may bring suitable riding clothes, boots, and helmet.
The Horse Riding programme also includes one full day excursion and at least three evening activities taken from the Discovering Devon Programme.
A Typical Week
A typical week’s programme for the Riding Programme with 18 hours of lessons per week might be as follows:
|Saturday||Arrivals & Transfer||Meet and get to know your host family
|Sunday||Induction Meeting for new students||Unpack & settle with family||Stay at home and practise English with family
|Monday||English test & orientation||13:00 – Riding||Stay at home and practise English with family
|Tuesday||Full Daytrip to the Milky Way attraction park||Boat Trip around North Devon (optional)
|Wednesday||English Classes||English Classes||Karaoke night
|Thursday||English Classes||English Classes||Disco|
|Friday||English Classes||13:00 Riding||Barbecue & Tennis
Students require strong shoes with a heel, a waterproof jacket, long trousers and must be prepared to wear a safety hat which will be provided by the stables.
- Age: 8 to 17 years old
- Activity sessions: 8 hours per week in 2 sessions
- Group size: 8 students per instructor
- Lessons: 15 or 18 hours of English per week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From A2 to C1
- Dates: Available all year