An exciting introduction to many different sports this course is perfect for energetic students keen to try new pursuits.
This programme offers an exciting introduction to many different sports most of which can only be enjoyed on the coast.
The 3 x 2.5 hour sessions are conducted in groups of 8 with qualified and experienced instructors, and all equipment provided.
The Adventure Sports Programme includes the following sports:
- Surfing, Body boarding and Sand boarding on the local Atlantic beaches of North Devon.
- Kayaking in Ilfracombe Harbour.
- Bouldering on North Devon’s rocky coastline.
- Adventure swimming on North Devon’s rocky coastline.
- Quad biking – click here for more info.
- Learn specialist vocabulary for each sport.
- Learn and develop basic techniques for each sport activity.
- This course also includes one full day excursion and at least three evening activities taken from the Discovering Devon Programme.
Country Cousins Ltd. is a registered Adventure Activity Provider.
A typical week’s Adventure Sports Programme with 15 hours of English lessons per week might be as follows:-
|09:00 - 12:30||Archery / Surfing||English Classes||English Classes||Day Trip to |
Cathedral City of
|Sandboard / Surfing|
|13:30 - 17:00||English Classes||English Classes||Surfing||English Classes|
Students must be able to swim at least 50 metres in open water in light clothing and be prepared to wear appropriate safety equipment when necessary.
Please note that students will get wet so older clothes and shoes are advisable.
- Age: 10 to 17 years old
- Activity sessions: 7.5 hours per week in 3 sessions
- Group size: 8 students per instructor
- Lessons: 15 hours of English/week
- Class size: 15 students max per class
- Level: From A2 to C1
- Dates: Available all year