We are very excited to open this new residential course in 2023, which perfectly complements recent demands at Channel School for students aged 15 to 17 years old.
Minimum stay is two weeks, courses will be from 8th to 22nd of July 2023, and 22nd of July to 5th of August 2023.
The residential will take place at West Buckland Private school. Please see this video of the impressive premises the students will be enjoying.
We want to give our older students the confidence to come and study in a UK University. The transition to Higher Education is a significant moment in a young person’s personal, social and academic development. This course is designed to educate, orient and acclimatise those who are considering university in an English-speaking environment.
• Improve English Language proficiency, with a focus on Academic English. Minimum level of English required is B1
• Experience life as a student in Britain.
• Have a better understanding and preparation of British academic exams.
• Increase knowledge in a chosen academic subject.
• Have a better understanding of the British way of life.
• Learn about people from other cultures.
• Develop personal and social skills.
What is included
• Full board with 3 meals at the school canteen, packed lunch during daytrips
• 18 hours of English lessons per week, with end of the course certificate
• En-suite single rooms
• Access to swimming pool, tennis courts, gym, squash courts, sports centre, etc
• Daytrips to Exeter and Bristol Universities